The Lunar New Year began in China more than 4,000 years ago and is widely observed in East and Southeast Asia. Over the years, the festivities have spread around the world. It is now celebrated by millions of people all over the United States, including here in Pittsburgh!
OCA Pittsburgh will continue the jubilation and host its 31st annual Lunar New Year banquet, featuring the traditional Mandarin- style multi course dinner with stunning cultural performances. Join us for this amazing celebration of cuisine and culture, as we ring in the Year of the Brown Earth Dog!! Doors open at 5 pm.
Our Honorary Chair is Wen-Ching Yang, former OCA President, and our guest emcee is Cam Tran with WTAE Action 4 News. This special dinner is brought to you by Master Chef Zhifu Tang, and our cultural performance guest is the HarmoniZing Ensemble!
- Chengdu spicy beef triple & tendon
- Zanthoxylum chilli chicken
- Happy cold jelly noodles
- Dumplings in red oil
- 5ruit flavor sweet & sour ribs
- Chef special crispy peanuts
- Crispy chicken with rice crust
- Black pepper beef
- Fish fillet in boiling oil
- Pork with garlic sauce
- Crab shrimp tofu
- Sautéed seasoning tofu with celery
- Baby Chinese cabbage in broth
- Flaming shrimp
- Yangzhou fried rice
- Vegetable lomein
- Vegetable mushroom soy soup
HarmoniZing Ensemble (合心乐团) was founded in 2017, with the mission “Nurturing Cross-cultural Understanding through the arts”. They use music as a universal human language to dissolve boundaries and to grow trust between people of all backgrounds.
- Jin Yang, pipa of Yo-Yo Ma’s Silk Road Ensemble fame
- Aidana Yntykbayeva, kobyz (Kazakhstan)
- Dariush Saghafi, santur (Persian)
- Mimi Jong, erhu